Our travels continued to look a little different during this second year of COVID-19, but we once again made the most of it by prioritizing domestic travel and trips that had us spending the majority of our time in the great outdoors.
For me, this year’s travel highlights included:
- Seeing many of our families and friends in person for the first time in more than 18 months
- Knocking two long-time bucket list items off my list: hiking in the Grand Canyon and experiencing the Bellagio Fountain at night
- Spotting SO MANY moose in Denali National Park
- Riding our motorcycles more than 1,500 miles through Oregon and California
- Exploring several new cities and areas around Washington state
Who knows what COVID will bring in 2022, but I’m remaining optimistic and booking trips that will take us a little farther afield. We can always course correct if needed, and if you can believe it, I have endless lists of backup destinations if anything falls through!
In addition to visiting with friends and family more often, some new experiences I’m looking forward to in 2022 include:
- Watching the sunrise from Haleakala Crater in Maui
- Exploring the Mayan ruins in Guatemala
- Snorkeling in the Blue Hole in Belize
- Cheering on Brian as he takes part in his first wild boar hunt
- Improving our motorcycling skills with new classes and longer trips
And of course I can’t wait to explore more of the U.S., especially new national parks and forests.
Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2022 full of fun and safe adventures!
January: Joshua Tree National Park, California
February: Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona & Las Vegas, Nevada
March: Mt. Rainier National Park, Washington
April: Tacoma, Washington
May: Vancouver, Washington
June: Port Gamble, Washington
July: Lassen Volcanic National Park & Redwood National Park, California
August: Central and Northeast Ohio
September: Denali National Park, Alaska & San Diego, California
October: Plain, Washington
November: Eugene, Oregon
December: Walla Walla, Washington
One thought on “2021 Travel Recap”
Very nice recap of the year! So happy I made the blog❤️